VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY - St. Matthew Office of Business and Administration*
Can you help us to be the preeminent Catholic business and administrative organization and set the standard by which other Catholic institutions measure success? We are seeking more hands to help us meet our mission and objectives. We need positive and dependable volunteers who can commit to regular weekly schedules.
WHEN: Tuesday, Thursday and/or Friday – your choice. 2 to 4 hours a week
WHAT: Provide accounting and clerical support to the business office, including:
- Prepare general ledger postings and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits of cash and checks, including use of Excel
- Enter data of financial transactions into QuickBooks
- Must pass background check
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Well organized, with an aptitude for numbers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word – familiarity with accounting software desirable
Interested? Please contact: Debbie Lindorff, A/R Clerk
503-648-1998 Ext. 284
*Does not qualify for school share hours
Keyboard Accompanist for Music Ministry
St. Matthew Catholic Church is Hillsboro is seeking an accomplished keyboard accompanist to play for their Saturday 5.30 p.m. Mass and Sunday 11.30 a.m. Mass on a regular basis. Organ skills preferred, but not required. Must be able to read music as written and prepare sufficiently, and be able to sight read at an intermediate level or higher. Must have basic understanding of Catholic Liturgy, or be willing and able to be trained on the job.
Current responsibilities include a rehearsal with the assigned cantor for both Masses, and occasionally singing when there is no cantor available. Future expansion in role as we develop choirs for both Masses.
Here at St. Matthew, we are looking to develop our Music Ministry to grow in all areas musically, artistically, liturgically, and pastorally in a professional and supportive environment. It is an exciting time of growth for us, and we invite you to be a part of it.
Please send resume and contact email@example.com for more information.